Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Today when I talked w/ my sister, Abbie's mom, the excitment that came through in her voice when we talked about the event really reaffirmed that what I am doing this month is going to help provide great gifts for so many that suffer through unimaginable pain, sadness and loss. I almost couldn't wait for the morning to pass so I could see how the afternoon shoot would unfold. It is a little like Christmas each time.
As I drove up to Volunteer Park I had a brief thought again of "what if nobody shows up..." and I had a little talk w/ myself that replied, "it will be okay, I'll be a little bummed out but okay and just remember all I can do is try and hope for the best..." But once again, as I saw the first stranger approach w/ a little boy and I went up to ask if she was looking for me, my little soared when she said yes. Seriously, I was once again relieved that at least one person showed up to participate. And then I saw another mom and by the end of it all the 4 shoots were filled and I drove away a little mentally exhausted (mostly because right before the hour started I drove my car into a cement post as I spaced out on the what ifs & I was not looking forward to sharing this news w/ my husband) but with my spirit soaring. Four more people who donated to Souluminations!! SO GREAT!!
There was lots of running around, rolling down hills, exploring the "forest" that kept everyone busy and entertained. Thank you Cristi, Margo, Ann & Markee for your contribution and enjoy the sneak peek of your little beauties.













No comments: