Friday, April 04, 2008

Random act of kindness...

I know this is a photography blog but it is also a means to broadcast to many and I believe in the power of word of mouth so please excuse my step away from the norm tonight.

I am a BIG believer in random acts of kindness. Giving to people that you do not know and who are not expecting it is something that makes me happy. And I am hoping some of you may also feel this way because there is a family in need of your random act of kindness today. Elise, Cameron & their son Jasper were nominated and selected as one of the donated sittings families I will be doing this year. In February of this year Elise was diagnosed w/ an inoperable brain tumor. The biopsy results found it to be "Level three or four high grade glioma" with a terminal prognosis. You can follow their family's journey here http://raisingjasper.blogspot.com .

Although you do not know this family I would ask for you to think about making a random act of kindness today and send $10, $50, $500...Your small donation may feel insignificant in value alone but if it is put together w/ 20 other peoples' donations it becomes significant. A check can be made out to "WAMU Acct# 193-378245-0” and mailed to:
Washington Mutual
1195 NW Gilman Blvd
Issaquah, WA 98027

If you are a parent with a healthy family be thankful today and send a little gift to a family that is not as fortunate.

No comments: