Friday, May 27, 2011

Father's Day Surprise

This next mom is really on the ball and I need to take a lesson or two from her. I recently photographed her oldest during school pictures & she called me soon after to arrange a sitting in hopes to give her husband a gift of images for Father's Day. She has managed to keep it under wraps (& I got her permission to post here so just in case you know the dad of these beautiful boys keep your lips zipped until late June) & we met yesterday coming up with what would be the best gift for him & she decided to go w/ 2 square canvases. I am so excited for her to share the surprise with him & then get to enjoy the gift every day after as she walks past the wall they will hang on.
We started at their house & I immediately fell in love with the family as their home was fill w/ color & to-die-for design & art. I learned that mom founded Thrive Art School which I a friend had recently told me had incredible camps for kids and her daughter LOVED it, so that at least explained how the color palette was so spot on for her home...I wish I had that designer/creative gene for decor! Anyway, as soon as I met her youngest son I fell in love again...the first image was taken w/in seconds of seeing him, you would have fell in love too I am sure!!
We had fun around the house and then headed to the neighborhood park. The oldest was not up for many shots w/ his brother but as soon as his toy dog came out I realized who was number one in his life...the dog that trails him. I loved capturing with him as you will see by how many pictures I am sharing of the dog. But it is such a cute moment in time of his life which I'm sure will pass in just a few months. These boys are just too cute!!
And I had to add the last 3 images. They may not be the best photographically but I LOVE them in combination. The sweetness of the giving and the smiles that both boys had following.
Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. And in the midst of all the fun you hopefully will be having do not forget to remember all the wonderful men, women & children who have touched your life and left a great print on your heart & of those you have not met but gave their life in hopes that yours can remain free and continue to get better.











No comments: