Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The last of Laos

Every time I go to prepare files to post here I see the last of my Laos images sitting waiting for me to do something. So to finally clear my plate I am going to do one more Laos image dump. The first images are from the last of the hill tribe villages we visited. These are Khamou people. They were so welcoming. Then we headed to the Four Thousand Islands area in southern Laos. Life on the Mekong River offered endless photo opportunities. I had to share a few of and from the ferry we rode across the Mekong on. It was so archaic that we laughed the entire way, only to be interrupted by our wolfing down tasty food that woman were selling. Fishing is the way of life there and every evening the river would fill with men throwing nets from their wooden boats. I don't think I would ever tire of watching the gracefulness of the nets being casted.


















2 comments:

samakomlao said...

Very nice photos indeed

Aeli said...

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING!