Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Continuing to work through the Safeco shoots just keeps a smile on my face! This next family was the family choosen from all the nominations I received. It was so difficult to choose & I thank everyone who sent in a nomination. This family was so appreciative of the gift they received thanks to their friends thoughtful submission. It was such a pleasure meeting this family & seeing them run all around the field in awe and joy. They have been through so much in the past year & I believe their little guy is having surgery this month again. Thank you Christina for making this opportunity become a reality for them. They definitely deserved it & I feel so lucky to have met them. I want to share a portion of her nomination:

"My friend is always positive, and is able to maintain a good attitude, even in the toughest of times. Above all, her faith never waivers.
That positive attitude was put to the test last fall, when her 1-year old suffered a near catastrophic accident. Liam was playing at his grandparent’s house, when he fell through the the bannister on the second floor, and landed on the hard floor below. He was rushed to Mary Bridge, where they discovered that he had fractured his head in three places, and performed emergency surgery on him. The doctors told Jenny and Colin, and their families, that the prognosis wasn’t good, and the call went out for prayers for Liam. I don’t have all the details on how they made it through that week! I have a child myself who spent a few days in Seattle Children’s last year, and I know I was a nervous wreck! I don’t know how they survived! But survive they did, as did Liam, who made a miraculous recovery!
Today, Liam still has to wear a helmet on his head to protect it from anything and everything, and they recently found out that he will need to go in for additional surgery. While it’s heartbreaking to hear that this little boy has to endure additional pain, to see his smile is to know that he is indeed the happiest kid in the world!"

The love this family has for each other is so apparent. I love the last few images and have to share the story behind the images leading up to the kiss. Little Liam was so cute on his dad's shoulders and his dad was looking cute too. I said to Jenny, "give him a kiss". I meant for her to kiss her husband but she got up on her tippy toes trying to reach Liam. When she couldn't reach him I laughed and said I meant her husband and then we all got a good laugh out of it and Colin ended up w/ a great kiss. I love the series and the Odell family!!
My thoughts are with you all and I hope Liam is on the mend soon!!















No comments: