Friday, November 21, 2008

It is almost 10:30 on Friday night & I am sitting here at my desk wondering where this whole week went & wishing I could have just a few more weekdays inserted into the work week. I am feeling like my desk has become my a permanent body part. But I have to say although work is completely overwhelming I am really loving the stuff I am working on which just a short time ago I couldn't even wrap my mind around the thought of tackling it. I always dread holiday season because it means holiday card design time and this year was no different. All of October I was consumed w/ thoughts of there was just no way I was going to be able to come up with enough custom card ideas for my clients. I was dragging my feet the whole way but now I am so excited about all the unique and beautiful cards that will be arriving in so many peoples' mailboxes this year. I promise to share a few here after the new year.

Enough of my ramble, forgive me it is late. This next shoot was iffy all the way up to the very start of it. The rain had set in and there was actually a light drizzle the entire time but this mom was the best and figured that just having her 4 kids together was an accomplishment so we should just go with it. This mom may be surprised by this but I will say she exemplified my favorite parent to work with (and I am lucky because most are similar to her in many ways). She was so low-key about the whole shoot. She let the kids out of the car and got the dog and went for a little walk in the other direction. There wasn't any primping. There wasn't a talk about behaving. She gave her kids the freedom to JUST BE. And although our weather conditions weren't great her relaxed perspective allowed me to make the best of the situation. I believe when kids are not given strict constraints and demands they feel more comfortable to be themselves and that is all it takes to get a good picture.
Again I am rambling...now I admit the culprit is the glass of wine to my left...Margaret I know you had low expectations, I hope these far exceed them. Your kids are great and so are you!!






1 comment:

Crystal said...

I noticed your name listed on the souluminations blog on Wednesday...that must be a really rewarding experience.