Thursday, November 13, 2008

If you read my last post you know that I am on a bit of a high today. This next post has a little to do with it. I was asked if I could do executive headshots for a Seattle company, Zaaz. I asked if they were wanting the standard black, white, office, etc background because I didn't really do those. The reply I got was a high compliment, "No, I know your style and that is what we want." I didn't get any specific direction so I decided to have them meet me at one of my favorite urban spots. Driving there I was fairly nervous (which I never feel going to a shoot) for a few reasons. One...could I really do headshots? What if they didn't like it at all and it didn't meet their expectations? Two...photographing adults is not as easy as chasing non-listening kids around and grabbing some shoots. For most adults it is a painful experience and I was not really looking forward to being the one to inflict that pain on these executives. The execs were great and super easy to photograph (not hard w/ good looking people!), easing some of my initial worry. But still I wasn't sure. But today I worked their images and I cannot wait to share them. So, Shane, thank you for trusting me w/ this job and renewing my own excitment for my work. I just remembered that Shane & Zaaz is celebrating their 10 yr anniversary this yr too...so here's to your 10th!






No comments: