Tuesday, May 01, 2007

A quick escape...

I know there are are many patient El Paso families anxiously awaiting (and checking my blog and their emails frequently) their images so I apologize in advance to you all but I am hoping you can wait a few extra days. It is rare that my husband gets time off from his residency schedule and he is off this week so yesterday we decided we would take a quick trip to Vancouver, BC w/ the boys. We are heading out tomorrow and will return Thursday. We are looking forward to some great exploring and to die for Dim Sum!
Before I left I wanted to share another email I received yesterday from the mother of a family I photographed on Saturday morning. It really made my day.
"Thanks so much for making time for us on Saturday! We had a total blast ... just after you left Greg (her husband)said "That was fun!" He really had no idea what to expect as he only really thinks of the painful process of a formal sitting in a studio... and although he liked the idea of having pictures taken, he wasn't really looking forward to the process.

When we were eating our burritos at Taco del Mar after the sitting, Greg asked Elena what her favorite part of getting pictures was... she said "the people who took the pictures. Now I have two new friends! (A photographer friend of mine was visiting from Bozeman and joined me for their shoot)"
I think there are many fathers that have similar notions about a scheduled family sitting and I hope that Greg's sentiments are how most end up feeling after their time w/ me.
Thank you so much Sara for your wonderful words. Here are a couple pictures I pulled from their shoot before I head out tomorrow.
Have a great week!
"

No comments: