Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My next family has been so patient w/ me waiting to see their images. I had a scare w/ a memory card while in El Paso. I had heard about other photographers losing images on their cards but in my 3 years being digital I had not had it happen. And then while I was in El Paso after photographing the first two families one of my cards failed. I cannot tell you how horrible I felt and as soon as I got home I went to work trying to recover the images. I used a number of pieces of software w/ no luck. So I sent the card back to the manufacturer, Lexar. I was not hopeful and had informed the families of this frustrating situation. Then last week (after 4+ wks) I received the best delivery from UPS. A brand new card along w/ a disc full of the lost images. I cannot describe the relief that washed over me. I am sooo happy that the families are going to get to see all the images and their time w/ me was not wasted.
The Tarwater family is such a great family and the highlight of my visit to El Paso was getting to spend an evening w/ them. So I am excited to share all their images w/ them. Especially the ones of their son "J" since his mom wasn't sure he even gave me one good look...he fooled her!!





No comments: