Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I am starting to think I need to check myself into Picture Addict Anonymous. I try so hard to keep from doing image "dumps" on the blog. Every time I begin selecting images to post I have in my head "four or five, four or five, FOUR OR FIVE!!!" But I am now going to give up beating myself up because I have come to realize I just can't do it. So thank you to the Kelly family for getting me over my mental issue and just accepting my reality.
The day I photographed the Kelly kids I had posted here about how excited I was to have an opportunity to photograph the kids by themselves. Throughout the Kelly kids shoot their mom made herself very scarce and I had a ball outside w/ them. At the end of the shoot I asked their mom if she had read my blog that day because she had just done what I wrote about. She hadn't, she just knew it would be better for her kids if she wasn't near. So it made me laugh that what I had mentioned earlier in the day just happened. Now don't read this and think I do not want parents present. That is not at all the case. I am confident I will be able to engage any child whether mom & dad are there or not. But it is fun to discover a child's personality on my own w/o any coaxing from someone who knows them.
Anyway, I had a blast w/ "K" & "J". We played outside then went indoors for a few fun shots. I love "J" at the top of the stairs, bum in the air w/ little boy dirty toes. And his toes & youthful expression at the piano w/ John Lennon's "Imagine" in the background. I want to give little descriptions of them all but I will restrain from more rambling. I do want to mention the last image. They ran to the edge of the lawn in overwhelming excitement that dad was home...what a great welcoming committee!












No comments: