Monday, February 26, 2007

My new lense...a dream and then a nightmare!!

A while back I mentioned that I was in love w/ a new Canon lense but was trying my best to not indulge myself. Well I couldn't hold out any longer. The 50mm 1.2 lense joined my arsenal a week ago last Friday. Last Tuesday I took my boys to my favorite warehouse/trainspotting spot and could not resist putting the lense through it's paces. I was LOVING the lense!! Just as we were finishing up I went to pick up Oscar and down went my camera and my heart sank to my toes!! 5 days after getting my most prized possesion it was split in two! I was sick to my stomach. I jumped in my car and immediately called the best camera guy in town (Camera Techs) and dropped it off w/ them hoping they could work wonders on it. And they are...I hope to pick it back up today. Anyway here are a few of the pictures from our outing. The boys were thrilled to have a 4 engine train stop right next to us. They thought it couldn't get any better but then I met a man who let us explore his warehouse of motorcycles. That was a great place to test my lense in low light.
The first two were before the outing but from the same lense.















Cooper did not want to let go of his new pet rock he found alongside the tracks.




No comments: