Friday, November 11, 2011

Today is Veteran's Day. I have never personally met a US soldier who has fought in war but this week I was reminded how lucky I am that there are men and women who fought for our freedom and continue to fight to protect us. On Tuesday, I was interviewing a gentleman for my new project and he lost 4 siblings to a war that was eventually won and his and all his countrymen received freedom. Half his family was lost in the fight for freedom. How fortunate we all are to have our freedom and today I am thankful and will honor those who have made it possible.

This post is important to me for another reason. I was so excited and felt so lucky to get to photograph this family. I have known Holly for a handful of years, we never spent much time together but we just clicked. I loved every minute I would get to spend with her. Lots of laughs were a guarantee. She is one smart cookie that lives life w/o pretense which is always so refreshing and inspiring. I have gotten to spend more time with her this year and my year has been better for it. I LOVED photographing her family. The kids could not have been cuter (as you will see from the endless number of beautiful images...and there are even more than these) & full of life. Because I think the world of her I am being a little more liberal with how many images I post. The family is on vacation and I hope they all huddle around a computer and cannot stop smiling with how stickin' beautiful they all are!!





















No comments: