Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Here are images from the trek to the remote Hmoung village. We hiked and hiked and hiked before coming across a single soul. In all we passed 3 villagers before arriving at the Hmoung village of 28 families after 6 hrs...they were out there! Obviously I had a hard time narrowing down my favorites so excuse the overload. But if you want to see even more (or get a few explainations behind the images) head to my Facebook page and soon I am hoping to have a slideshow up online.
The first image caught our eye...river transport of livestock a first for us. The next woman was one of the 3 we passed. She had to be hiking at least 3 hrs to deliver her grasses to the next village. And the bundled weighed about 100 lbs. I just stood in awe as she passed.
I hope you enjoy these.


















No comments: