Monday, January 26, 2009

Just now I came across an online resource that really hit a cord with me and I immediately rushed to share it here.
I cannot count how many times I hear that my pricing is expensive. I am one that 100% appreciates honesty so I am fine with hearing peoples thoughts but I immediately want to share/justify the way I have structured my business and my rates. But then I know I cannot because who really has the time to listen to the long list of reasons and ultimately I know it isn't necessary because I know I am not the right photographer for everyone and that is okay.

I cannot explain in words how much of my heart and soul I put into my work but today I found a few articles that I feel like put to words so much of what my work is about. I thank Marianne Drenthe for writing these articles. (Click the highlighted link or visit http://www.professionalchildphotographer.com/information)
I hope you can take a few minutes to read this and share with others who may question the value of custom photography. Finally I would love to read comments you may have after reading so leave on if you have any thoughts on the subject.

I thought this picture appropriate to finish w/...the look of "Oh my gosh, how much??!!" and the quiet questioning in the back.

2 comments:

Lucia Photography said...

Thank-you for posting this article. I know sometimes it is so hard to be in the position to have to justify your pricing. I hate that feeling. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Angie Monson said...

really? seriously? your boys are the cutest!