Thursday, October 05, 2006

Given my tight shooting schedule while traveling families do not always have the luxury of booking sittings with optimum light. And of course, the weekend I was in El Paso the mid-day sun was out in all its glory which always gives me a little cause for panic. But fortunately we found some good patches of shade for my next two families.
Before we even got started Ben was striking poses for me.
Shelly, Ben's mom may be very surprised to hear this but I really enjoyed their shoot. Why would she be surprised you ask. Well, the sitting was scheduled smack in the middle of nap time so her youngest, Tess was more interested in heading to the car to snuggle up w/ her soft blanket. Needless to say a few tears were shed. This is usually a mother's nightmare since most do not schedule professional family pictures very often and assume it is a lost cause & they become a bit frantic. But Shelly handled the situation incredibly well. She sat back away from the action and just let things go. Very impressive! I am always confident I can get kids to cooperate w/ me over time but sometimes parents are uncomfortable putting me in the position to calm their children thinking it is a burden. So Shelly I thank you for just letting go and trusting me to do my job as best as I could.
She had said a group picture was not necessary but we did manage to get a few.
Does this little guy look like he belongs in Texas or what??!!



Most of the families I shot in TX had younger kids. So it was welcome change to get to photograph the Blumenfields' older girls. I have an older sister so photographing them reminded me alot of the friendship we had growing up. These two were a joy to work with.

No comments: