Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Since my oldest son was in preschool, I have offered my services to his school.  This year marked my 7th year and I received the nicest email from one mom.  She shared her excitement that I was going to be doing school pictures again because her youngest was now there and she would have a picture to add to the wall next to her other boys' pictures.  She made my day by sharing her excitement with me.  A few months later, she sent me an email with a picture of her wall with the 3 portraits side by side.  Her wall was complete.  I am not sure I will ever forget receiving her email.  Although it was brief, her gratitude was vast and I was so thankful for her sharing the closure of her wall portrait project.
So, this summer, I was excited when she emailed hoping to set up a sitting for her family.  A gift from her mother-in-law.  I couldn't wait to give her images of her whole family to add to the individual images of her boys.  Given her thoughtful emails, I knew how much she must appreciate the gift of family portraits she would be receiving.
I loved photographing this family.  I do have a small bias towards boys, given I have two of my own.  I couldn't wrap my mind around having more than two, but after photographing the youngest in this family, it sure made me a tad envious because he had such a special spark to him.  The youngest always gets a little underdocumented, so I am oversharing pictures of him with this post and I think you will see how amazing his little personality is.  His brothers were great as well and so patient and cooperative with him.  I loved meeting their grandparents.  I hope they will cherish the gift they gave to their family as much as I know their son and daughter-in-law will.

No comments: