Wednesday, July 16, 2014

From Singapore to the Sculpture Park

Before they move to Singapore a handful of years ago, I was lucky to have this family for neighbors.  I was honored to receive their email asking me to photograph their family during their summer visit to Seattle.  We met at the Sculpture Park and enjoyed wandering throughout the grounds.  As I mentioned in my previous post, I love photographing boys.  But it often is accompanied by uneasy, frustrated parents.  These boys were giving their parents a run for their money because their silliness was at the forefront.  I am never worried that I won't be able to capture great pictures...it is about "reading between the lines" of silliness that the personalities lie and rarely does it stay hidden.  In fact, I am sharing two images that are almost the same, except the son is laughing and not looking at the camera.  I actually like this image more than the one where they are both looking at the camera.  There is something about it w/ his mom that I really like.
I was excited to share all the pictures with their parents.  I always hope there is a little bit of surprise how many images they love compared to what they had been expecting.  I hope this great family will love these pictures for the beauty of their hometown and their family!
  

No comments: