Thursday, January 06, 2011

The historic referendum in Southern Sudan is just 2 days away. I wish I could be there to document the incredible day and the aftermath that will hopefully result in a the building of a peaceful country. There is major concern that the north will not allow the succession to happen peacefully & genocide or a civil war may break out. Please follow what is happening in the news, even though we are on the other side of the world our support can make a difference. Follow this link to show your support.

If you have read my posts that I wrote while in Sudan you may remember that I wrote about running out to the road when I heard chanting/marching going by and could see the top of a flag leading the way. It was an amazing scene & I was over the moon w/ the one minute I got to film them as they marched by. Then I decided to follow them to see where they were marching and then the next 4 hours played out to an unforgettable setting. I found myself as the center of a rally that started building w/ traditional dancers and then the area became packed w/ locals as the Governor of the State of Equatoria drive up & a handful of rousing speeches commenced followed by more dancing until the sun went down. I still can't believe I stumbled upon such an amazing event. This country deserves their freedom!
Here are a few images from that day and hopefully I can get a few videos up later.














1 comment:

Sandy Leonard Snaps said...

Your photos are beautiful and inspiring. Thank you.