Saturday, October 16, 2010

This was my very last El Paso shoot before heading straight to the airport (but I will share one more EP sitting soon) & I have to admit I was pretty tired and hot heading into the shoot. But I knew it would be a fun one as I have gotten to photograph these gorgeous kids on numerous occasions. These kids are old pros and they and their mom are up for anything. This family always hosts me during my stay in EP and the night before we looked at a few clothes options because their mom said she wasn't sure what to go with. We put together a few outfits and knowing that it was going to be a colorful urban setting I was excited w/ the outfits. But I had NO IDEA how perfect they were going to be and w/in 10 minutes of starting to shoot I knew it was going to be my most favorite shoot of the trip. The kids were up for anything so we wandered through the alleyways of old town EP. As we turned a corner I spotted this stripped wall that was part of a bar/restaurant, I almost passed out because the kids' clothes couldn't have been more perfect for the setting. It was fenced off but I asked if they were up for jumping the fence. Then, I had them hop up onto the conveniently placed outdoor bar. Seriously, in all my years of shooting I haven't had a more kismet moment. Their mom & I needed to pinch ourselves, we couldn't believe we had stumbled upon this spot. She is so excited to see what I was able to capture. Here is just a sampling. There are so many more favorites so check out their gallery in my client proofing section (it will be up early next week).









1 comment:

Shalon Estrada said...

Oh I love this!