Monday, October 11, 2010

I have been so lucky to photograph this family every year since I lived in El Paso. And I clearly remember my first conversation with their mom at a park and how I left thinking what a nice, strong, independent woman she seemed to be and that I really hoped I would get to spend more time with her. And I have that same feeling each time I get to see her during my visits to El Paso. I always look forward to seeing her & playing with her beautiful kids. As I sit here trying to find the right words for this post, there are two thoughts going through my mind, the first is that my initial thoughts of her were right on. All of those great traits and many other incredible ones shine through each time I see her. Her husband passed away unexpectedly two years ago and I know, many days, it must be so hard to keep going. And each year, family pictures without him is something most would shy away from but not her, she is so strong and amazing. This year, as we were mid-shoot & she was working so hard to corral her kids, we were in a little area and she asked if we could get a few pictures with the dragonfly pillow as dragonflies represent her husband. I'm sure she is another mom wondering if any great pictures came from that morning so I am excited to share these with her. I believe Marcus was with us that morning and I can't help but look at the last image and think that Marcus, Jr. is saying, "This one's for you dad!!"











No comments: