Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Last week I received an invitation to join a friend and her kids on Whidbey Island. My husband was working nights all weekend so I jumped at the opportunity to get out of town w/ the boys. And anytime they hear the word island their eyes get big and and dreamy. I am not sure who was more excited to get away. The forecast wasn't favorable but in good old NW style they couldn't have been more wrong. We spent a day and a half completely beside ourselves w/ how beautiful the weather and the locale ended up being. Of course my camera made the trip and I was forcing myself to play w/ my new lens (24mm 1.4) which I was so excited to get in the mail but needed to get used to working w/ the fixed wide angle. I am one that really likes to get in close to my subjects so if I don't force myself to play with the lens and fall in love w/ the focal length it will end up being an expensive paper weight in my camera bag. So here are a few of my favorites from the trip. The very first image is in my top 5 of all time favorites. It may not translate well w/ the smaller image but I have already printed it big and I LOVE IT!!! Anyone up for ending a sitting w/ finger paints this summer??? Kids LOVE it and so do I!! And I now love my new lens too.








No comments: