Friday, January 18, 2008

I started the year off stating something that I have never stated to a client..."I think we should reschedule, I just think trying to make the shoot happen is just going to me FUTILE..." Whenever I have brought up rescheduling I have always told the client that I could make it work but it just wasn't ideal. This time I just didn't think I could come close to making it work and I hate to waste peoples' time and money. But let me tell you how thankful I am that the woman on the other end of the phone believed in me more than I could ever imagine. Or maybe she knew that trying to get her husband and 4 girls all together at one time ever again would be even more futile so she just crossed her fingers and asked me to come anyway. And instead of being futile it ended up being one of my most favorite shoots. And I am so happy it is because the woman on the other end of the phone really deserves it. I do not know how best to describe Gretl but to say that she is just very REAL. Her and I see eye to eye on telling it how it is...it takes too much energy to pretend that all is perfect in life. So it was fitting that I arrived to find everyone in pajamas. It was really THE BEST!!! I had so much fun watching them play the violins together, read & giggle with each other and run around their house. And our fun was rewarded...when I opened the door the rain had stopped and we actually were able to get outside. I love this shoot so much that I am going to bore you with two seperate posts. I need to look at this post every time I think I just want to be outside...being inside can be so much fun!!!
Gretl, I soooo hope you love these as much as I do. And thank you for believing in me!!











No comments: