Monday, July 16, 2007

I am so excited to share these next images with you. If you are a follower of my blog you will remember the "contest" I had at the beginning of the year asking people to nominate deserving families for a sitting w/ me. A terrific client of mine had nominated her son's playmate, Lily who was diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type 1 within the first few months of her life. Lily & her family sounded like very special people and I was so excited to meet and photograph them. We scheduled a sitting to follow a wonderful family vacation in March but when they returned from their vacation Lily was immediately admitted to Children's so the photographs had to wait. Lily was able to go home 5 days before her first birthday at the beginning of June. So I was THRILLED to get an email from her mom asking if we could schedule her sitting.
Let me tell you that meeting Lily and her family (unfortunately her dad was working but I hope to meet him soon) was the best!! Lily is beautiful and we had such a great time...she is a ham for the camera and shared so many smiles. When it came time to change outfits her mom said, "Well I have two and can't decide...one is a cute little dress and hat and the other is a tutu..." Of course we couldn't just do one!! Who can pass up a tutu?! And a summer dress w/ a hat w/ adorable shoes?! Lily was such a trooper through all the changing...a model at her best!
I hope these images will bring smiles to such an amazing and deserving family! And I really hope Lily will love seeing her smile smiling back at her!!








No comments: