Monday, June 11, 2007

I've gone a few more days than normal w/out blogging but unfortunately I had good reason. After shooting a beautiful little girl (who I had photograph for Soulumination earlier in the year) first birthday in Tacoma I enjoyed an evening celebrating my husband's completion of residency at a "ceremonial" dinner. Whenever I finish a shoot I always take my camera equipment directly from my car to my house. This time the dinner threw me off and I had forgotten to take my bag out of the trunk when we arrived home late that night. The first of the week when I went to get my bag I found nothing but an empty trunk. My heart sank and was in knots most of the week. I lost all of my equipment but even more painful was the loss of the images from the birthday party. It was a hard week! With my husband in medical school and residency I cut corners and did not buy Professional Insurance. To all you photographers that read my blog. Do NOT take the chance I did. Ensure that you have full coverage!!!
New equipment should be arriving today but my heart is still sick about the memory cards that cannot be replaced. I am still holding out hope that a miracle happens and the bag is found.
Now onto a more uplifting topic. I had the pleasure of running around the Arboretum w/ two adorable kids and their parents. Ben was like my littlest and loved his balls and following his older sibling everywhere. KK had an infinite number of smiles to share and I just love the series she shared w/ her dad.








1 comment:

Christina Mallet Photography said...

Geez, I'm really sorry about your equipment!!! You must feel really sick about that.