Thursday, January 25, 2007

Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting & photographing the McGeoy family. It was really a highlight of the work I do. They are such a wonderful family and I feel so fortunate to have crossed paths with them. I hope to finish working through the images soon. In the meantime I thought I would share a few from Cooper's 4th birthday. The invitation said "soccer rain or shine". I would have never guessed it would be "or snow..." Cake/candle shots are always fun. The way the warm light plays off the surrounding faces is great. I thought I would add one of Oscar...don't want to leave #2 out. I had rented a lense that I REALLY want to buy (a 50mm 1.2 for the photographers out there) so I put it through a few paces that day. The one of Oscar is taken in the limited light of our bathroom w/o a flash. It is such a great lense...if only it wasn't $1,800. It was painful to return it to the camera shop. Maybe Santa will make a February visit! I again am playing w/ photoshop. I think I am more of a traditionalist when I comes to the final appearance. But the antique look of it is fun. What do you think?


No comments: