Tuesday, January 16, 2007

...and the winnner is...

I cannot begin to thank all of you who submitted a nomination for the free sitting. There were so many that were at the top of my list. It was an incredibly difficult and agonizing decision for me because all of the nominees are truly deserving.
I have chosen a family who was nominated by Angela CastaƱeda.
"A few details on the McGeoy family, a handsome, playful and loving Beacon Hill family of five, who's father was recently diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer. Dave is just now finishing a month-long round-the-clock radiology treatment. During that time they searched for a surgeon to try and remove the tumor. The experience of searching was difficult (one doc basically said, no I won't treat you b/c you're on the way out). They did finally find a surgeon (this one said, I need you to take the leap with me here and commit yourself to this intense treatment) and just last week learned the tumor has reduced so they are hopeful and heading toward surgery mid-Feb."
Dave has 3 children (6, 4, & 1 1/2 yrs old). I feel it would be a wonderful gift to give Dave and his family photographs that they will cherish forever.

Because it was so difficult to choose I would like to extend an offer of a free sitting to a few other nominees. Unfortunately I cannot extend a free sitting to the nominator...I wish I could. But I just cannot imaging not offering a free sitting to these nominees.
Over the next 3 days I will share their stories with you.
Thank you again to everyone who sent a nomination. This process has made an impact on me and I promise to do this again in the future. So visit the blog in the next year and we will do it again.

No comments: