Monday, November 04, 2013

When I received an inquiry for this next sitting, it was from a woman wanting to have her 3 grandchildren photographed (siblings and their 3 month old cousin).  She asked very few questions and as I was arriving at her home, I assumed all the parents would be there with the grandchildren.  It was an incredible, pleasant surprise when I discovered she had coordinated the grandchildren to arrive with their childcare providers.  It was a first for me.  Kids only and no parents to be found.  I thought it was such a nice gift to arrange for her children.  And then she continued to surprise me.  She was incredibly relaxed and easygoing about the entire scene.  No fussing for the "perfect" shot.  No frantic-ness when the infant decided he wanted absolutely no part of the sitting.  I am very grateful for her calmness and I hope the pictures bring her big smiles to remember the morning she coordinated a great gift for her family.  There is not a picture perfect image of the cousins together...it just was not in the cards that day.  But there were smiles from all of them.  Here are many of my favorites.  I especially love the most creative response to how old did you turn yesterday...his three finger display is one I will never forget.  Iris, I hope your kids love the gift you are giving them.

No comments: