Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I am finding a constant theme to my posts lately...time flying by too quickly and constantly feeling behind. Going into the last quarter of the year I think this is a state of being that I need to get used to for a while. The weather has been phenomenal and I hope we see a beautiful Indian summer here in the great NW. But w/ the quick change of temp today I now start thinking about the onset of bad weather and juggling of rescheduling shoots to accommodate it all. If you are considering fall pictures at all please contact me asap as my calendar is quickly filling. And I don't want you to be the one I have to tell that I am fully booked. That is never fun.
What is fun are the next two families. The first is a neighbor that realized last year, after our first sitting together, how great it is to capture your family before they head off to all corners of the world. With her oldest finished w/ college and heading off to India today (I wish I could be in her luggage!) and her son off to another year of college out of state she realized she wanted to do another sitting. I always tell people it is never too late to start and this family is a great example. While we were shooting I found out they were celebrating their 25th anniversary the following week. I hope my family can look so great when I hit that milestone!
And the next family is one that I have gotten to photograph annually for several years running now. It is so fun to talk with the kids about what they did this summer and actually really have great conversations with them instead of a couple word replies. But it leaves me mind boggled that time has passed so quickly since I met them the first time when they were so much younger. The one constant with these kids is that they have always been so polite and easy to work with...their mom and dad are definitely doing something right!











No comments: