Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It is 1:30am & my head is SPINNING!! It started early this morning and has slowed some throughout the day but I think this is just going to be a state of being for a while. But it is ALL good because this afternoon I booked my flight that will be taking me to Sudan. I am over the moon with excitement!! It is really a place I have dreamed of visiting for so many years and I just cannot believe that I am actually going...in just TWO weeks. Yes, that is part of the head spin. The trip dates came earlier and are longer than what I was planning and my stomach was in knots all morning trying to figure out if I can make it work. Thanks to the incredibly understanding & support loved ones in my life (husband, mom & dad to be specific) I will now be away for almost 3 weeks...CRAZY!! It has been almost 15 yrs since I have been on the continent of Africa & that a return is 14 days away is boggling my mind!! And the work that needs to be completed between now and then is almost as mind boggling but I know it will get done!

Loved photographing this family w/ all the fall colors last week. Happy kids equal very happy photographer! And the bonus is that I get to reconnect w/ their great parents who are some of my favorite clients. Always great to catch up with them!





No comments: