Monday, November 01, 2010

I have always been a big believer that if you work hard, take risks that may result in failure and allow yourself to dream great things can happen. This year I feel like I am constantly being amazed at how true this is & today one of my big dreams became a reality & my head is spinning just a little.
I have always had a HUGE passion for 3rd world travel & documenting the amazing people who live there. Early this spring I said to more than a few people that in 5-10 yrs I would be doing international work. I had no idea how I was going to get there but I just knew I would get there some how, some way. Then Giving Every Day in May happened, I worked harder than I had in so long & that month impacted me in so many ways that I had not anticipated, it was truly special & it continually reminded me that it is essential to try new things, work hard & believe that you can achieve your goals. What I could never have imagined was that through my work that month a connection would be made that would open the door to work abroad. It is CRAZY how this world works! Today I found out that I will be traveling with an wonderful organization (I will share more about them in a future post) to Southern Sudan in December. I have talked about traveling to Sudan since the late 90's. And now I am going there to work in just 4 weeks!! It is mind boggling to me how it has all come together & I am just so thankful & over the moon excited!!

And now to another great connection I made from GEDIM. I photographed these little ones in May & I was excited they wanted to meet up at the EMP so I could photograph the whole family. Kids can't help but have tons of fun running around the EMP & I couldn't just pick a few so here are the handful that I really love.








No comments: