Thursday, July 13, 2006

Friends of the Children

Last week I had so much fun meeting and photographing some special people. I had been asked to donate work for Friends of the Children to use in a fall fundraising benefit. I learned a little bit about the program and was excited to work with them. The program identifies "children facing challenges - from poverty, homelessness and poor academic performance to family histories of domestic violence, substance abuse and prostitution" from kindergarten and they are then enrolled in the program until high school graduation. Each child is paired w/ a paid mentor for 12 years. If the child moves mentors follows them so long term success can be acheived. I am looking forward to attending the benefit in October. If you are interested in donating to this wonderful program or attending their benefit please let me know. Now for the photos. I am going a little overboard w/ my posts on this one but these kids are so beautiful!

With their mentors...

And finally the theme of the benefit is Every Minute Counts so we had fun w/ clocks






No comments: