Thursday, March 16, 2006

Before the holidays my sister-in-law had shared w/ me news of a mother at her son's school. Elizabeth was 24 wks into her pregnancy and diagnosed with aggressive breast cancer. Elizabeth has two boys 6 & 7 & was due with her 3rd in December. I asked my sister-in-law to give her a gift of a sitting for me. Sometimes when I make donations I never hear from the recipients so I was ecstatic to get a call from Elizabeth in February. Luke William was born close to Thanksgiving & Elizabeth has continued her battle. It was such an honor to photograph Elizabeth & Luke & to learn more about Elizabeth's journey. She received the strongest chemotherapy possible while carrying Luke & is continuing chemo treaments with hopes to reduce her mass enough to have a successful surgery. I have looked forward to sharing her story and images with you but wanted to confirm with Elizabeth that she was comfortable w/ being on the web. She has an amazingly calm & strong spirit about her. Please keep Elizabeth & Luke in your thoughts and prayers in the weeks and months to come.


No comments: