Monday, October 01, 2012


I have been looking forward to photographing this next family for over a year. I photographed them in the fall of 2008 and one of the images from that sitting still remains a favorite of mine...
The following year, this little girl was diagnosed with Stage 4 High Risk Neuroblastoma. It is incredibly difficult to fathom how her and her family's life was turned upside down. I reached out to her mom and offered to photograph their family but her mom really wanted to wait until Katie was free of her feeding tubes and treatment. They have spent the past 3 years battling the cancer and this year Katie was diagnosed cancer free. I was so excited when her mom emailed me to schedule a sitting. I could not wait to see this little fighter again in person. And she definitely did not disappoint me. She is absolutely incredible and I really struggled narrowing down all the images of her to my most favorites. I am really lucky to do what I do and connect with little inspirations like Katie...and her mom, who so gracefully soldiered through her little girl's treatment sharing the highs and devastating lows on Caring Bridge. I hope these images bring them all many smiles for years and years to come!!

No comments: