Tuesday, May 05, 2009

I always look forward to seeing my repeat clients. It is fun to see all the changes that have happened since the last time I photographed them. But there is one client who I look forward to more than any. I first met and photographed Lily when she was about to turn 1 and next month she is about to turn 3. That is a monumental birthday and I am so excited for her. Lily has Spinal Muscular Atrophy(SMA) Type 1. I cannot say enough about the strength that exudes from this little girl. Her smile lights up the room and now that she is old enough to communicate she is showing everyone how smart she is. And she is obviously teaching her brother and sister how to smile for the camera.
Their mom is amazing as well and when the twins started out w/ a brief photo boycott she was unsure if I would be able to capture anything that day. I assured her it was all normal and she was just getting it times two and I knew they would come around in time. It just took a little singing and clapping and all was good in their world. At the end Lily's mom shared Lily's drawings that INCREDIBLE! And then Lily wrote me a little note before I left. I wish you all could meet this little girl! Lily you are the best!!










No comments: