Friday, February 20, 2009

We returned last night from an phenomenal trip to Laos. I have many who have said they are excited to see some pictures. W/ the boys, jet lag, getting back to real life and work spending time to sort through my pictures is unfortunately at the bottom of the priority list and may stay there for some time. I just feel so lucky to have gotten the opportunity to get the time away that I can wait to work on the images. I will share the highlight of the trip for me. We had the experience of a lifetime trekking to a REMOTE, REMOTE, REEEEEMOTEEEE Hmoung village of 28 families. They have only seen a handful of foreigners enter their. They were so welcoming and beautiful people. There was a huge language barrier but it was exactly where I hoped to find myself on this trip and spending the night in the chief's house was such an honor.
I couldn't post w/o a picture so I did pull of the first of my many favorites. Of course we saw amazing scenery but I definitely am a portrait photographer through and through because 95% of the pictures have people with them. So I must share a few favorite smiles I came across. And I wish I could add my smiling face to thank those close to us that made this trip possible. You know who you are and we love you so much! THANK YOU!


2 comments:

Lacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lacey said...

Tara, I can only imagine the to-do list that awaits you now that you are home. It's a shame 'cause I'd love to see more of your photos.....these 3 are gorgeous!!! I'll be checking back when you get the chance to post more!