Friday, March 23, 2007

BIG NEWS!!!

I started my business in 1998 here in Seattle. In 2000, my husband and I moved to Phoenix, AZ for him to start medical school. I started my business again. In 2004 we moved to El Paso, TX for him to start his residency in Emergency Medicine and I started my business again. In 2005(w/ my strong urging), he transferred to the Univ. of Washington ER residency and I started my business again. In July he will be finished w/ his residency and there was a strong possibility we would be moving one more time.....but today he accepted a job at Swedish Providence here in Seattle (I cannot begin to describe how excited I am for him finally fulfilling his dream!!) which means we get to stay and I can really enjoy the business I have established and continue to work w/ the amazing clients I have come to meet. Thank you for all your kind words during this process. So many of you have expressed wonderful sentiments about how you did not want me to leave Seattle. It means so much to me to have wonderful clients that are excited to have me document their families as they grow and change.
So now we celebrate!!! The timing is perfect because we are taking a week vacation on Saturday (vacation has not been in our vocabulary these past few years) and I cannot wait to enjoy time w/ my husband and boys w/o wondering where we will be in 4 months.
I will be completely out of touch w/ email but I will be checking my voice messages.
Finally, tonight I attended a meeting for photographers of Souluminations. I have mentioned this phenomenal fondation in previous blogs but if you have not read them or overlooked the link I STRONGLY urge you to visit the foundation's website &/or blog to learn about the incredible gifts they are giving to the most deserving children and their families. Soulumination is expanding to provide the same gifts to adults who are nearing the end of life. The work I have done for Souluminations and for other families in similar phases of life has been the most meaningful and impactful work I have ever done. The requests the foundation is receiving for photography are increasing quickly and funding is imperative to enable Souluminations to meet every family's request. I promise you will be giving an priceless gift if you donate to Soulumination.
And on that note...have a wonderful week...I know I will!

No comments: